Enjoy our unique historic setting (with modern comforts) and our railway theme, all in our tranquil and charming setting.
- Bar-Café, breakfast in the station’s 1882 café, plus simple lunch or picnic basket.
- Surrounded by expansive views of farms and forest.
- Special provisions to accommodate handicapped persons wherever possible.
The village of Dracy-Saint-Loup
The village of Dracy-Saint-Loup has many surprises to discover.
- View the ancient Chateau of Dracy-Saint-Loup (under renovation).
- Visit the quaint village of Dracy-Saint-Loup (only 1 km by foot, bicycle or car – safe, there are no major roads nearby).
- Outdoor activities and adventures.
The Château de Dracy-Saint-Loup, constructed in 1622, is certified as an Historic Monument. It is currently in renovation.
At the station
Our second locomotive, a beautiful 1916 La Meuse 030T, was obtained from a railroad museum in Belgium, and has been modified so that young children and old "children" can explore it and safely play engineer at the controls.
Part of the exercise equipment being installed in our Activities railway car, which also offers a library and game room. Exercise (a little) then relax !
The unique 1882 door that leads to our wine cellar (cave) of over 250 bottles of Burgundy and Bordeaux wines and Champagnes. Descend the steep stone stairs for a private wine tasting.
The brick building next to the station at Dracy-Saint-Loup, with controls for the rails. This will now be the the room for a large jacuzzi spa (6 persons).
Read and relax at Dracy-Saint-Loup. Whether it is Fredric Nietzsche or coloring books of Maya the Bee, we have a fine selection in our library.
Dracy-Saint-Loup is comfortable for children of all ages, and with modern (circa 1910) furniture for the little ones.
Outdoor activities and adventures
You can visit nearby villages, or take a picnic in a quiet place. We also offer inflatable boats to float and relax on the surrounding calm rivers within 300 meters from the station.
- Pétanque (boules, or bocce balls), Hiking, Trampoline, Badminton
- Vélorail (bicycle-powered 2-5 place carts on railroad tracks) veloraildefrance.com.
- Bicycles, and safe rural roads.
- Barbecue and picnic tables.
- Fishing (river a distance of 350 meters).
- Steam train (1910 Cockerill T020) to explore.
- Safe exploration of railway tracks, farms, small woods, and historic railway cars (some dating to 1896). There are no major roads nearby.
- Petting zoo with goats, rabbits, and chickens.
- Jacuzzi (with adult supervision – swimming pool in plan).
Plan a picnic while touring the "Route des Grands Crus", through the center of the famous Burgundy wine region -- perhaps in one of our classic Citroën 2CV !
L'Arroux River, 1300 meters from the station. It is possible to fish or use our four rafts for a small adventure. Le Club École Française de Canoë-Kayak de Dracy-Saint-Loup offers professional guided tours on the river.
We offer you a choice of new bicycles and vintage bicycles for adults and children. You can enjoy a visit to the nearby villages, or a picnic at a quiet spot. We also offer inflatable boats to explore and relax in the calm streams and rivers less than 300 meters from the station.
Our selection of classic and modern bicycles of all sizes will add to your adventures and exploration.
Safety is a concern for us, so we offer helmets of all sizes. All are cleaned and sterilized after use. We also offer modern lighting for evening bicycling.
One of four Citroën 2CV at the gare. Two are available for picnics or touring the Burgundy wine country.
The surrounding area
Discover the landscapes of Burgundy near the station of Dracy-Saint-Loup.
- Close (9 km) to touristic and historic city of Roman times of Autun, with many excellent restaurants, opera, theater, and virtually all services.
- For tourists, less than 30 minutes from the Burgundy wine region, and and less than an hour to the historic cities of Dijon, Nuits-Saint-George, and Beaune.
- As available, a classic Citroën 2CV for tourist ventures through the wine country.
A view of the station from the nearby farm. Can you see our station concealed in the private woods ?
Views of the farm on the northwest of the station. There are two small streams that form two sides of the land of our station.
About 5 km from the station (direction Arnay-le-Duc) is the monument of the Résistance, the Maquisards Bayard, which rests in peaceful woods overlooking the countryside. If you have time, pay your respects to these brave men and women.